Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sock it To Me! Red Heart & Sole Sock Pattern FREE

I know sometimes I'm just a little behind everyone but I must share with everyone what I found while searching on the Coats and Clark web site. I personally got on the band wagon when it came to the "knitting sock" thing awhile ago and paid $14 for a pair of socks that turned out really nice but even though I made sure the two skeins of yarn I purchased had the same dye lot, they sure don't look the same to me. A big disappointment when I paid so much and the only thing I could do was return the yarn BUT I had already spent so much time creating the first one and was halfway down the top when it was discovered. The pattern calls for 2 - 3 skeins depending on the size. Linda's prices are so reasonable, instead of $14 for a pair of socks, you can get the yarn for under $10!

Coats and Clark's Red Heart yarns has a wonderful yarn for socks. It's called Heart & Sole. So cute, huh? It's permeated with all the wonderful properties of aloe vera which helps the yarn glide smoothly on the needles and/or hook. This yarn can also be used for childrens wear, home decor and many accessories. The best thing EVER is that this yarn automatically stripes like the expensive yarns! How cool is that?!

Don't forget this yarn is available at Linda's Yarn Store at http://www.lindasyarnstore.com/ She has a big selection of Coats and Clark Heart & Sole yarns.


or Heart & Sole self-striping sock pattern
There's also a crocheted version and the pattern is link is here: http://www.knitandcrochettoday.com/episodes/pdf/KTV2005C.pdf

They look a little bulkier but sure are cute!

Please don't forget to become one of my followers, leave a comment or email me. I looking forward to chatting with everyone.
Kathy


5 comments:
Annie said...
Don't feel bad about un-matching dye lots. Some people have even made a business of it. Check this site out:

http://www.socklady.com/index.php

March 10, 2009 1:23 PM
Arts and Crafts dot COM said...
Annie,

thank you. I think I've seen that website but it never hurts to look again. Maybe I'm a perfectionist! I hate it when dye lots are supposed to match and don't. Good to hear from you again.
Kathy

March 10, 2009 3:51 PM
Arts and Crafts dot COM said...
Annie, Love that web site. Thank you. Wish my two socks matched that "cutely". LOL My dye lots were ugly different! Maybe I'll post a photo.

March 10, 2009 4:09 PM
jen said...
i love striped socks...the bulky one are really cute.

March 10, 2009 4:29 PM
Arts and Crafts dot COM said...
Jen, Thank you. I hope you try them. You're gonna love 'em!

If anyone has any great tips for camping, RVing or traveling let me know. Or maybe you have a quick and easy campfire recipe. See my other blog RV Travel blog.

OR, if your interested in arts and crafts, check out my Arts and Crafts blog.

No comments: