Saturday, May 16, 2009

Second Afghan Attempt on Machine ~ Lace



This is my second afghan done on my bulky knitting machine. I think it turned out really well. The lace panel took a bit longer than expected or I like but I think it's great and the extra time spent was well worth it. I used a 4 ply worsed weight yarn made by Red Heart and has no dye lot and is acrylic for easy care.

Then I am learning how to use a circular needle and tried my hand at what's called the magic loop. Knitting in the round on a circular needle instead of double pointed needles. This is also a Red Heart fingering yarn. Also acrylic.

When I started, I was doing a plain knit and got really bored after just a few rows so found a pretty lace pattern and now I'm really rolling along. I've done the heel and am on my way up the leg part. This photo was before I got the heel done but you can see the lace.

2 comments:

M said...

I love all the lace on your blog. Do you mind sharing the pattern for this one (on the sock)? It's gorgeous!

Julie Arnold said...

This iss a great post