Friday, August 14, 2009

Plarn Bag or Purse Recycled and Crocheted

I found this wonderful site and thought you'd be interested if you're at all interested in recycling and crocheting. I give recycleCindy complete credit for writing this pattern and sharing it. Visit her web site at: Recyclecindy. Thank you Cindy


Recycled Plastic Bag Shell Purse

Recycled Plarn Shell Purse
As promised in my last post, here is my striped shell handbag purse that is crocheted from recycled plastic bags. I changed colors of plastic bags every round to create this unique looking shell stitch purse. I did 16 rounds and each round takes about 2 to 2-1/2 bags to complete each different colored row. Also this is my first experience using store purchased purse handles. I splurged and bought these as they were on clearance for $2.00. I think they really compliment the handbag and along with the lining, make this a really beautiful and fashionable upcycled handbag.

Recycled Shell Purse InsideHere is a closeup on the inside of the bag. Click to supersize

Free Striped Shell Handbag Crochet Pattern

Materials needed:
14-16 different colors of plastic bags made into plastic bag yarn “Plarn
Approx. 35-40 plastic grocery bags in different colors
1 Set of Purchased Bamboo Handles

Hook:
“N” U.S. size metal crochet hook

Description: Striped Shell Handbag
Bag measures 13” wide and 9” long with purchased bamboo handles

Directions: (more…)

1 comment:

Susan said...

I would have a hard time finding all the differnt colored bags...:-)

Susan